Currently directing Undress Brisbane – a sustainable fashion show in Brisbane, Australia. I have worked in events, marketing and copywriting over the last five years and gained a broad range of experience from event management to developing marketing creative and business strategy. Originally from Iceland, I spent 3 years’ sailing around the world… and ended in Australia.
- Successfully ran a 30-day campaign to meet Sir Richard Branson in person bowtieforbranson.com.
- Built 1400+ likes on Facebook for Undress Brisbane in just over 1 year.
- Marketing creative and copywriting for website and all collateral for Undress.
- Experience using Google Adwords/Analytics, WordPress and Photoshop.
- Have worked in lead generation and market research for a Brisbane agency.
- Pitched, negotiated and managed all sponsorship contracts for Undress Brisbane.
I was a key member in the social media start-up, Gen Y Access. A group of 14 students came together and created a social media consulting agency. I managed a number of Brisbane clients; coordinated social media training, developed their social media campaigns and content plans, and updated their Facebook pages.
- Co-founder of Frock it! street fashion show. 400+ attendance
- Directed The Big Dry Out, flood relief appeal. 150 attendance
- Co-founder of Undress Brisbane, sustainable fashion show. 500+ attendance
- Gen Y Access launch event at the PWC offices, Eagle street. 80 attendance
- Managed an events team of over 70 volunteers.
- Assisted in managing a social media start-up company of 14 employees.
- Coach rowing crews of up to 20 students and corporates.
- Copywriter at Nimble writing direct response copy for the website and email.
- Face-to-face sales, selling Citibank credit cards.
- Sales and Advertising Manager for ‘Cheeky As’ YAA business competition.
- Worked in promotions for 3 years providing experience marketing for brands such as What If, Motorola, Grand Marnier, Jim Beam, Barefoot Radler and Bacardi.
- Prepared annual budget reports and forecasts for Undress Brisbane.
- Prepared the marketing spend for Jim Beam On-Campus, budget of $18,000.
- Completed short courses in:
- Big Bang Executive Thinking
- Leadership In Action
- Maximising Your Influence
- Teamwork In Action
- Runner up ‘Business Person Of The Year 2009′ (YAA Business Competition)
- Finalist to receive an internship at PWC (via the 2009 Lode competition)
- Voted ‘Sales Extraordinaire 2008′ for ‘Cheeky As’ (YAA Business Competition)
- Open women’s surfboat crew at Northcliffe SLSC, 2012
- Surf lifesaver at Northcliffe SLSC, 2012
- Completed a ski season in Utah, 08/09
- Australian Surfboat Championships, 2008
- Volunteer at Meals on Wheels, 2009-2010
- Australian Rowing Championships, 2006 & 2007
2013: Currently undertaking a Master of Business (Marketing) – QUT
2010: Bachelor of Business (Marketing) / Bachelor of Creative Industries (TV) – QUT
2006: Graduated from Somerset College